You won't be able to have enough of this beef curry!
Can be served with parboiled rice, basmati rice, or naan.
✧ 1 pound of beef
✧ 2 tbsp garlic paste
✧ 2 tbsp ginger paste
✧ Salt, to taste (between 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp suggested)
✧ 1 cup onion paste
✧ 1 onion, chopped
✧ 1/2 tbsp chili powder (1 tbsp for spicy)
✧ 1 tbsp turmeric
✧ 2 bay leaves
✧ 2 cardamom
✧ 2 cinnamon sticks
✧ 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
✧ 3 diced potatoes
✧ 2 1/2 cups water
prep time: 20 min.
cook time: 40 min.
total: 1 hour
1. Chop onions and dice potatoes. Leave potatoes in a bowl of cold water to avoid
2. Pour half a cup of oil into a large pot with stove on medium. Once it heats up, pour chopped onions.
3. Once it comes to a sizzle, stir in bay leaves, cinnamon, and cardamom. Continue stirring until golden. Let mixture simmer for about 4 minutes.
4. Pour the garlic paste, ginger paste, and onion paste. Let cook for a few minutes.
5. Add in all spices: cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and salt.
6. Add in 1/2 cup of water.
7. Once curry thickens, add in beef one by one to avoid any spilling.
8. After 3-5 minutes, add in diced potatoes. Add in 1/2 cup of water and place lid on pot,
9. Let the curry continue to cook and stir every 7-10 minutes.
10. The curry is ready when the beed is thoroughly cooked, and the potatoes have softened.
11. Serve with basmati or parboiled rice, or rice!