1. Chop onions and dice potatoes. Leave potatoes in a bowl of cold water to avoid
2. Pour half a cup of oil into a large pot with stove on medium. Once it heats up, pour chopped onions.
3. Once it comes to a sizzle, stir in a bay leaves, cinnamon, and cardamom. Continue stirring until golden. Let mixture simmer for about 4 minutes.
4. Pour the garlic paste, ginger paste, and onion paste. Let cook for a few minutes.
5. Add in the chili powder and turmeric.
6. Add in 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste.
7. Once boiling, add 1 cup of water. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Allow the curry to thicken.
8. Add in beef one by one to avoid any spilling. Occasionally stir beef every 3-4 minutes.
9. After 10 minutes, add in diced potatoes. Add in another cup of water and stir on high.
10. Let mixture boil on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Stir every 4-5 minutes.
11. Cook 2 cups of rice and serve with beef and potatoes!
You won't be able to have enough of this beef curry!
Can be served with parboiled rice, basmati rice, or naan.
✧ 1 pound of beef
✧ 2 tbsp garlic paste
✧ 2 tbsp ginger paste
✧ 1 tbsp salt
✧ 1 cup onion paste
✧ 1 onion, chopped
✧ 1 tbsp chili powder
✧ 1 tbsp turmeric
✧ 2 bay leaves
✧ 3-4 cardamom
✧ 2 cinnamon sticks
✧ 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
✧ 3 diced potatoes
✧ 2 1/2 cups water