1. Chop onions and dice potatoes. Leave potatoes in a bowl of cold water to avoid
2. Pour half a cup of oil into a large pot with stove on medium. Once it heats up, pour chopped onions.
3. Once it comes to a sizzle, stir in a bay leaves, cinnamon, and cardamom. Continue stirring until golden. Let mixture simmer for about 4 minutes.
4. Pour the garlic paste, ginger paste, and onion paste. Let cook for a few minutes.
5. Add in all spices: cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and salt.
6. Add in 1/2 cup of water.
7. Once boiling, add 1 cup of water. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Allow the curry to thicken.
8. Add in chicken one by one to avoid any spilling.
9. After 3-4 minutes, add in diced potatoes. Add in 1/2 cup of water and leave on medium heat.
10. Continue to stir every 7-10 minutes until potatoes soften and chicken thoroughly cooks.
11. Once potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked, serve with a side of basmati or parboiled rice!
prep time: 20 min.
cook time: 40 min.
total: 1 hour
The best chicken curry you'll ever have.
Can be served with parboiled rice, basmati rice, or naan.
✧ 1 pound of chicken
✧ 2 tbsp garlic paste
✧ 1 tbsp ginger paste
✧ salt, to taste (between 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp suggested)
✧ 1 cup onion paste
✧ 1 onion, chopped
✧ 1/2 tbsp chili powder (if you prefer spicy: 1 tbsp)
✧ 1 tbsp turmeric
✧ 2 bay leaves
✧ 2 cardamom
✧ 2 cinnamon sticks
✧ 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
✧ 3 diced potatoes
✧ 2 1/2 cups water