A quick and easy recipe to please your cinnamon roll cravings-- no yeast needed!
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9 inch pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, instant coffee grounds, salt and white granulated sugar together for cinnamon filling. Set aside.
3. Mix flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl. Slowly whisk the buttermilk and the 2 tbsp of the melted butter into the dough. The dough should be a little sticky.
4. On a floured surface, knead the dough until it’s smooth.
5. Roll or press the dough out into a 9 by 12 inch rectangle (doesn’t have to be exact)
6. Take 2 tbsp of melted butter and spread on top of the dough.
7. Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar all over and gently press into the dough.
8. Tightly roll the dough.
9. Once rolled completely, cut the dough into 6-8 even pieces. Place them into the greased pan.
10. Take 2 tbsp of melted butter and brush it evenly on each roll.
11. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
12. While baking, make the icing. Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk together. Set aside.
13. Take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and allow them to cool. Brush on remaining (2 tbsp) of butter on top and then apply the icing sugar.
14. Serve fresh!
ingredients for rolls
✧ 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
✧ 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
✧ 1 ¼ cup buttermilk*
✧ 8 tbsp melted butter
✧ 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
✧ ½ tsp baking soda
✧ ½ tsp salt
*if you don't have buttermilk, mix 1 ¼ cup milk and 1 ¼ tablespoon vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes
ingredients for cinnamon filling
✧ ½ cup packed brown sugar
✧ 3 tsp cinnamon
✧ 1 ½ tsp instant coffee grounds
✧ ⅛ tsp salt
✧ ¼ cup white granulated sugar
ingredients for icing
✧ 1 cup powdered sugar
✧ 2 tbsp butter, softened to room
✧ 1 tsp vanilla extract
✧ 1 tbsp milk